Sullair, an industry leader in innovative compressed air solutions since 1965, today introduced its Tier 3 OFD1550 oil free portable air compressor. The portable compressor delivers ISO 8573.1 Class 0 oil free air wherever users need it—plantside, refineryside or at the jobsite.
The Tier 3 OFD1550 portable air compressor represents the latest solution in the expanding Sullair oil free portfolio. As more users seek options for sensitive compressed air needs – including pharmaceuticals, refineries/petrochemical, food and beverage, electronics, pipelines, power plants and more – products are needed for dedicated oil free plant air and back-up oil free air.
“Since we introduced our Tier 4 Final OFD1550, we’ve seen a tremendous response from our rental customers and end users, so we’re pleased to introduce the Tier 3 compliant unit into additional markets,” said Jerel Cole, Senior Product Manager at Sullair. “The oil free market continues to expand, and this compressor will help satisfy increased customer demand.”
The Sullair OFD1550 provides 1550 cfm of Class 0 oil free air with adjustable pressures up to 150 psi. Providing the power behind the unit are Tier 3 diesel engine options by Caterpillar and Perkins. The unit also includes a two-stage Sullair air end with high efficiency rotors designed for oil free operation. The rotors are coated with an FDA-approved food-grade PTFE to help resist corrosion and extend air end life.
The Tier 3 OFD1550 includes several additional features – many based on direct voice of customer feedback – to help ensure versatile operations and maximum uptime, including:
- State-of-the-art 7” Sullair touch screen controller providing all compressor and engine operation data at the touch of a finger
- Ability to operate at high altitudes of up to 12,000 ft (3,658 m) above sea level
- Ease of serviceability and large access doors for easy cooler cleaning
- Sullair AirLinx® remote monitoring and telematics
- 110% fluid containment to meet standards in environmentally sensitive areas
- Optional Refinery Package, including anti-static belt, non-metallic fan, and spark arrestor
- Optional Cold Weather Package allowing operation at temperatures as low as -20°F
“Bottom line is this highly-performing compressor provides our customers with an environmentally- and user-friendly, oil free compressed air solution designed to minimize cost of ownership and maximize return on investment,” added Cole.
To learn more about the new Tier 3 OFD1550 oil free portable air compressor, visit https://europe.sullair.com/en/products/ofd1550-tier-3-oil-free-rotary-screw-air-compressor.